Thursday, March 17, 2005

Bucked up!!!!

Well, I don't want to make a big deal out of this but I gotta say something about what happened to me today. Okay, a friend called me up and asked if I could take her to a modeling agency for her lil one. I was like, aight I'll take yall and I'll tag along to see how it goes. I go, look around, sit back and chill, her kid does the thing in the audition room with the judges, they call in the mom so she can talk to agent. She asks me to come with her and I go. So the agent is talking to the little girl and taking notes then pauses. I'm chillin, just looking around as I lean up against the wall and shit. Next thing I know, the agent is peepin me out and asks me, "How tall are you?"... I answer "Umm, about 5'9", 5'10""... "Would you be interested in modeling?" ... (speechless) "Uummmmm"... "Are you fit?"... "I guess. I mean I hit the gym 4 to 5 days a week but I still have a ways to go"... "How are your abs?"... "Umm Well, I still have some work on my stomach."... "Are they flat?"... "They're gettin there but I mean they're not all ripped or anything."... "Can you have them ready by mid-July?"... "I think I can if I get a really strict diet cuz I mean McD's is still in my diet. I don't know about modeling though."... "Well, here. Take my card. Think about it and give me a call. We're going to be needing some male models and we'll be flying them to New York." (gives me this stare as if to say "This could be a great opportunity for you")... "Ummmm, okay. Wow, thanx!!" To add to that shit, as I'm leaving her office, a photographer keeps looking at me as if sizing me up for the lense and shit. I walk out that joint with the BIGGEST smile on my damn grill. I can-not believe that shit happened to me. I mean I was just chillin up against a damn wall minding my own and shit. Me, a model? What the fukk??!!! I'm flattered beyond belief but as I walked out of the place, got in my car, drove around downtown, ate at McD's, drove home, chilled at my table with some Crown and Co-cola I kept making excuses about why I shouldN'T do it. I kept saying shit like "I had on that thick sweater, she didn't get a good look. This can't be real. I don't think I'm cut out for that type of thing. I have a good career and I may have to dedicate more time than I'm willing. I don't think she has good taste, I'm not the modeling type. People in that field are so artificial and stuck up. I couldn't fit into that crowd. I'm not the type to do that shit. I aint got the looks. That can't be. I ain't got the looks for that shit. Naaaaaaaah, that shit aint for me. " (sigh) ...... but DAYUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Me? For real? You want ME to tryout for one of your models? ME?!!!! DAYUM!!!! LOL!!!!!

Well, I'm thinking about thinking about it... so I might think about it. I don't know though. I got a homie, who's all into fitness and shit, who's coming into town tomorrow. I might give that kat a call and ask him about looking into a very disciplined workout and diet regime and if it looks do-able, I'll call the agent and tell her I'll start the regime this Monday and see what happens. If it works out then cool. If I don't get picked then I'll be in reeeally good shape so it's pretty much a win/win situation. Ain't gonna get my hopes up though... cuz this kinda shit normally aint for me.

0 Narrated Prose:

Post a Comment

<< Home