Thursday, March 17, 2005

Let's start with 100 things about me

1. Soy 100% puro Latino… Honduran, in fact
2. I love my country of origin but hate the crime
3. I have a professional side
4. I’m a mechanical engineer
5. I have a gangsta side
6. I used to chill with Bloods and Latin Kings
7. I’ve changed slightly into the luppy (latino yuppy) kind…
8. … but I still carry a gun and throw up gang signs
9. I have 2 tatts: one says Latino in ol’ English letters which represents my proud Latin gangbangin days and the other is Chinese symbols that mean “Keep Fighting” as a message to myself against personal insecurities
10. I’ve volunteered to be a mentor to at risk youth
11. I’m nervous about how effective a mentor I’ll be if I’ve got so much street in me though
12. still smoke dat fiya every now and then
13. sometimes I think I look good
14. often I think I’m unattractive
15. I usually think I’m just aight though
16. I get a lot of compliments from women though
17. insecurities are a bitch…
18. …they’re rooted into childhood ridicule
19. when I was poor I robbed someone at gunpoint
20. and sold drugs
21. and stole things, including food otherwise I’d not eat for up to 3 or 4 days at a time
22. I’m proud to consider myself a survivor
23. I’m a very proud father of a 4 year old boy
24. I’ll teach my son everything I learned in life…
25. …but make sure he doesn’t have to do the things I had to do to survive
26. I strongly believe in education
27. I try to never start trouble especially behind nuthin
28. I hate when people start bullshit with me behind nuthin
29. but if they do I’m willing to take shit pretty far to make sure they don’t start shit with me ever again
30. …I’m scared that kind of thinking will get me killed or send me to jail though
31. …so I try my hardest to avoid goin to places where they got haters and shit
32. I studied and worked sooo damn hard to get out of my gang, drug, and crackhead infested neighborhood…
33. just to find out I often miss that neighborhood and lifestyle
34. I don’t know why I miss it though
35. the professional/family man side and the street side of me are always feuding
36. …I call them guy #1 and guy #2, respectively
37. Ms Prof is always in my case that I always diss the guy #1 side of me
38. I’ve been married
39. …and divorced
40. and I blame it on guy #1
41. even though when I look at it logically it wasn’t my fault she left, she just wanted to leave
42. but I can’t help but to blame myself… or guy #1 at least43. …cuz he’s a pussy
44. I don’t think I’ll ever want to commit again
45. I cant date just one woman at a time
46. I guess that’s my way of preventing myself from committing and making myself feel better
47. I’m over my ex wife…
48. but not over the fact that my family was broken up
49. I don’t want to risk getting hurt like that again
50. I’m losing faith in women who are faithful and have their man’s back cuz of all the infidelity I’ve been exposed to
51. I play the guitar…quite well too :o)
52. I’ve been reading a lot
53. I hardly watch T.V.
54. but like the show Girlfriends (hardly get to watch it though)
55. I completely love sex and have been told my drive is a bit on the high side
56. I’m running out of ideas
57. I hit the gym almost religiously
58. I do #57 cuz of those insecurities that haunt me
59. girls I open up to often cant believe I’m insecure about my looks
60. cuz I come across as confident...
61. …and I am, but in my abilities to make sumthin happen
62. like I said, I’m a survivor
63. I completely love lowriders
64. I’ve got a project car underway
65. I love 5th generation (92-95) Honda Civic hatchbacks
66. If I see a super FOINE chica on one side of the street and a super FOINE customized lowrider on the other side of the street, I won’t know which way to look
67. I loooooove Latinas and have the deepest admiration for the beauty and strength in Black chicas…
68. …but am always rejected by Latinas
69. …so I’ve pretty much given up on them
70. …but they always look at me like I’m a sell out for not dating them
71. …I kinda like that though and I don’t know why…plus, I’m not a sellout
72. I love my culture and background
73. I can speak Spanish and prefer speaking it
74. I’m often confused for light skinned Black or mixed
75. I wear glasses…sumtimes
76. I don’t agree with dudes doing the DL thing cuz I feel they mislead women… and that shit’s nasty to me but I aint gonna hate cuz I don’t believe in telling sum1 how to live, nahmean? one should live happily
77. I’m very interested in girl talk cuz it lets me know what goes through women’s minds… that’s why I like Girlfriends
78. I like women who know how to express themselves
79. I love professional women
80. I love girls that are ride or die gangbangers
81. I own my home
82. I own a Lexus
83. …but I don’t care for its “bling” status, it merely represents how hard I’ve worked to get where I am and shows me how far I’ve come
84. I still live on a budget though cuz I have school loans
85. I’m really good with money and have good credit
86. I’ve never met a girl as artistic as Ms Prof
87. I love and cherish a nice figure in a woman
88. I don’t like to date models cuz they’re usually stuck up or dense even though they deny it
89. people who are stuck up ALWAYS think and say they’re not stuck up
90. so I take the phrase “a lot of people think I’m stuck up but I’m really not” with a grain of salt... by the way, at first glance, a lot of people think I’m stuck up but I’m really not
91. I consider “prettiness” in a dude as weakness
92. …that’s why I hate being called a pretty boy
93. …which is another reason I cling to my street side
94. …which is probably why I’m called “ghetto” by the people who know me
95. personality can make or break one's physical beauty
96. I have a preference for passionate sex over fucking and making love
97. I like making a good woman feel like a queen
98. … not by spending money on her though, but by telling her things she deserves to hear and making the little things count
99. I’m a sucker for the little things
100. I often judge one’s personality by seeing if they’re genuinely nice to people when they don’t have to be…