Monday, April 04, 2005

Reminded of memories

I decided to hit my ol' hood tonight and see what some of my homies were up to. They were smokin some strong azz weed called AK47 and drinking. I decided to take down a few beers and chill with them for a while. Man, they brought up some ol' shit I'd forgotten all about...

Reminiscence 1) One of my boys reminded me of how when a friend of mine was owed some money I made a phone call to the dude who owed the loot and told him he better pay up. The dude said he wasn't giving anybody no money. I then replied by saying "If my peoples don't get their money..." then I shot my gun over the phone and hung up. I was ready to go after that nigga as a favor to my friend. I ended up not needing to escalate the shit though.

Reminiscence 2) One day I was driving down one of the busier streets down my neighborhood and some dudes looked like they were talking shit because I was taking too long in passing them by so they could go (one of the lanes was blocked off for some minor construction). I got pissed and ran into my house and picked up two guns, a .380 and .45. I ran into my boy who lived down the street and told him real quick to jump in the car. He jumped in, I put the .380 on his lap, and told him I was going to see what them muthafuckas were talking shit about. I told him I needed him to cover me and pop them niggas if shit went down. He said cool. We went ridin' around looking for them but never found them. I ended up going back to my house and gettin my boy high on some fire weed in gratitude for having my back. There were several times where one of us got into some shit so we'd have to get whatever friends we could muster and ride with a car full of guns and shit. Man, I'm so surprised we're not in jail for some of the shit we pulled off on those nights.

Reminiscence 3) My boys were crackin' up at how we'd be in my back yard drinkin and gettin high while poppin my gun when we were teenagers.

They kept talking about how crazy I used to be. I just stood back and laughed at all the stories of the crazy shit we used to do. The thing is I felt like my appearance tonight added some irony to the stories. They're talking about how we did all that crazy shit together and I'm standing there in business casual attire with glasses on looking like some muhfucka that works downtown and shit. One would never have suspected I had that past from the way I looked tonight. From the dope sales, to the beefs, to damn near gettin killed sometimes we had us a damn good time that could have landed us in jail or in a coffin. Back then none of us, not a single one figured we'd be alive right now. I know it's crazy shit to laugh at but I gotta say, in some twisted way thinking back to those days puts a smile on my face.

1 Narrated Prose:

Blogger Liza Valentino Recited...

Yeah you were wilin'! Damn, I'm glad you are outta that situation (?). It is fun to reflect back on tha days when you were a different person.

8:56 PM, April 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home